Second meeting of the future Open Telecom Foundation
After our first ad-hoc meeting in person in San Francisco, the majority of the OTF founding directors had their seconds meeting online.
- Alvaro Vargas (not in attendance)
- Cameron Beattie
- Dayton Turner
- Graham Nelson-Zutter
- Jose Paz (not in attendance)
- Noah Mehl
- Remco van Vugt
In this meeting, we continued discussing areas of shared focus and collaboration:
- The continued development and support of the Kazoo ACDc module is of primary importance.
- The Kazoo project is not well-known enough. More open source telecom community involvement is desired for the Kazoo project open source project to thrive.
- It would be ideal to have a common road map for the Kazoo open source project.
- There is a strong desire to combine resources, work collaboratively and avoid duplication in any open source projects the foundation members have in common.
- There are concerns that contributions (pull requests) to the upstream Kazoo project repo may not be accepted and merged. How can this be improved by foundation members?
- It may be worthwhile to form a non-profit foundation, as a legal entity, that would have oversight of these open source project contributions.
- Within this new foundation, individual special interest groups could be created, each with a specific focus, that report back to a management team.
- Kazoo project documentation and community education could be areas where the foundation can assist the primary Kazoo author 2600Hz.
- Learning from examples of other open source projects, the founding members agree that they have a strong desire to avoid code and community fragmentation.
- All members have a strong interest in developing a common test suite for the Kazoo project.
- There are a limited number of published system events in the Kazoo project and more would be very helpful.
- Several members had initiated enhancements to the Kazoo project via Siplabs. Now that Siplabs has stopped development, what of these enhancements can be pursued by the foundation members?